Sunday, November 30, 2014

Weekly Artist Post: Rina Shapira

I stumbled across Rina Shapira on a Lenscratch article and felt rather intrigued by the imagery of Rina's work. Being one who has spent much time in old, dilapidated buildings, I was never one to literally put a narrative into the building or complex I was exploring. Rina's will to recreate stories behind these stories that cease to exist and add a sort of spectral element is quite invigorating to me. It almost seems as if she somehow took old photographs from the mid-1800s to early 1900s and placed them in somehow. Finding a way about talking about the past in a contemporary since that opens up a new way to bring about the conversation is exciting to witness and that is what I experienced with this series. 





No comments:

Post a Comment