Sunday, September 14, 2014

Hannah Nees - Weekly Artist Post - Taisuke Koyama




Taisuke Koyama is a Japanese photographer who lives and works in London. Taking interest in the city of Tokyo, Koyama zooms into objects and places he goes to to make abstract looking photographs. At first, his images seem to be pieces of graphic art, but after reading the titles you understand what they actually are (ocean, water, sky, etc.). He has published 3 books and is currently working on a series titled Rainbow Form.

I enjoy Koyama's photographs, because of how much I question how he took them. Having to think about where the photographs may be in the world, or how close the photographer had to get to the object to get the photograph amazes me. I enjoy the abstract creativity in his work, because it is something that I do not do myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment