Sunday, September 28, 2014

Weekly Artist Post! - Adam Landis

Christopher McKenney

Okay, so just from looking at these images and knowing some of my own art, I think you all can understand why I chose McKenney's work to talk about this week. This Kid, that's right hes just 23, is quickly becoming a prolific horror and surrealist photographer, though he himself disavows the term, preferring to be known as simply an artist. His images simply intrigue me, though i don't feel that is necessarily shallow to endorse something based on that. There is also an element of jealousy I have for his work and accomplishments, much the same way I hold jealousy for the work of Joey L. It inspires a hot feeling of failure, knowing that compared my own work falls short. Concerning the concepts involved, McKenney has already stated in A.R.T.S.Y. Magazine that a lot of this more or less happened, there wasn't some overall theme driving a series or some message he's shackled to, which makes this more intriguing to me since I look at these and I don't get it. I don't get it and it is at once aggravating because I can't look away and completely fine because it would ruin the work for me if i could. (I'm posting so late because I accidentally spent 3 hours looking at his work.) Any of the meaning applied to the work has developed afterwards, as a product of inspecting his own work and musing at what he thinks other people may think. I unabashedly dig all of his work. I am completely biased.




No comments:

Post a Comment