Monday, September 29, 2014

Weekly Artist Post - David Benjamin Sherry

look here, friend.

DBS is someone that Jon showed me today. The work reminds me a looooot of Florian Maier Aichen. Just the color cast on the landscape is visually similar to me. On his website it says that all the photos are given the color while developing these massive photos, so I'm curious about A.) that process and B.) how the physical nature of the manipulation affects the art piece. What do you think? I genuinely have no idea so I would like some insight from others. After looking at this work in conjunction with FMA's stuff I can definitely tell that these new takes on landscape are very interesting to me, and I'm hoping that its something Ill be more knowledgeable about soon.






No comments:

Post a Comment