Wednesday, September 19, 2012

An Evaluation on Concept.


            Starting out this semester, I became very intent on pursuing the act of covering my model’s faces with masks and other means in order to hide their facial identity. Then, I became caught up in the idea of ‘self identity’ and what it meant to use only myself as my subject. Throughout my own thought process, the input of my peers, and the progression of shooting, I’ve gone through using strictly myself as my subject, to incorporating various objects, settings, and people that I did not consider before. I’ve come to realize that what I’m really aiming for is not the masking of myself and my identity, but the raw, uncomfortable feeling that develops inside the from the sight of an unidentifiable person in an eerie and unsettling scenario. After my initial presentation where my peers made me aware of just how powerful my identity is to me, my concept solidified into the disruption of physical identity through various means. Since my most recent shoot under this concept, I think tableau settings are really beneficial to my growing concept, as they not only intrigue the viewer, but also keep my mind working, thinking, and excited about all the stories I can create. ‘Empathy’ is a key word I have and will continue to reflect on and incorporate into my concept. Ultimately, as it stands, my concept is both developing and unraveling around the creation of eerie, uncomfortable, tableau scenes where the incorporation of meddling with the subject’s identity is absolutely necessary. Then again, it is also safe to say that my concept will continue growing and progressing, and where my concept stands now, may not be where it stands a week from now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment