Monday, September 17, 2012

Thomas Czarnecki Appropriation



My concept is developing into a portrayal of deaths of females due to the stereotypes they are forced into. I remembered looking at Thomas Czarnecki's series "From Enchantment to Down" during one of our classes last year and felt that the concept and image execution would be a strong starting point for my concept/work so I looked through it again. I wanted my image to mimic the feeling you get from Thomas's work that the viewer just happened upon this scene. I aimed to keep the lighting minimal as he does and use the lighting direction to highlight specific areas and props in the scene. The combination of several elements in the overall scene is what creates an interaction and the model involvement is minimal.

No comments:

Post a Comment