Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Concept as of now

My concept right now is the exploration of the things people tend to keep to themselves that make them feel alienated, out of place, or embarrassed. It used to be 'secrets', but I realised that these things aren't always necessarily secrets. They're usually thing(s) that the person doesn't adamantly keep a secret, but tends not to talk about. That, or they are things that the person tries to avoid actually talking about or explaining. So far, I have only explored this concept with one model. My subconscious reasoning behind that is that I think a certain amount of time needs to be spent talking with someone and getting to know them before I can actually get as deep as I need to. Sure, if you ask a stranger to tell you a secret, they might, but it won't be as detailed or as embarrassing as something that someone you really talk to a lot will end up telling you. It is also important to note that the model I have been using has been through a lot of things that I've not heard from anyone his age. Anyway, my concept is generally secrets, or embarrassing things that people keep to themselves. I am having a hard time figuring out how to depict this photographically.

No comments:

Post a Comment