Monday, September 17, 2012

V2


I chose Alec Soth to appropriate. As of late I have been very interested in his Broken Manual series, about a select group of people who actively removed themselves from society and relocated to the woods. It resonates a bit with my concept. The people in Broken Manual have made themselves a myth or urban legend to the society that they left behind by uprooting everything and moving. In this photo I have attempted to appropriate Soth's flourishing foliage with a flat black and white aesthetic, with the subject centered. I do not yet know if I want to include humans in my photos yet. That, to me, is the glaring difference between these photos. Our photos are opposite in one interesting way: My photo is of an inanimate object surrounded by life, while Soth's image is a living being surrounded by inanimate objects. Just an observation that likely means nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment