Thursday, September 20, 2012

Concepts

    For the past couple of weeks I've been showing pictures of children and how I like to photograph them in a different kind of way. I like to use them as subjects to portray ideas that don't necessarily relate to a child. I just feel as though it makes the viewer think a little harder about what might be going on.  Children also naturally add a sense of innocence whenever they are photographed, I think it's fun and interesting to try and strip that innocence away in a single photo.
    I've also been working on something else on the side which is photographing peoples hands and things they hold. I think the way people hold things can tell a lot about what they're doing. Right now I'm too interested in both to just pick one direction. I've thought about combining them but I don't want to limit things people hold to just children. Our hands touch and hold so many things during the day, and we don't even realize. Sometimes we pick up one thing and put it back down not recognizing that we may never hold that item ever again. Things like that are interesting to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment