Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Appropriation

Appropriation is defined as "the action of taking something for one's own use, typically without the owner's permission or the artistic practice or technique of reworking images from well-known paintings, photographs, etc., in one's own work." I feel like as a photographer I have always been appropriating from the artists I admire.  I have without a doubt at one point done work in the style of Arthur Elgort, Tierney Gearon, and Alissa Everett. For this current assignment I'm most excited about appropriating the style of Sophie Calle.  I have never focused on material items, or experimented with a voyeuristic style of shooting. I think this style will be the most difficult and the most intriguing for me. 


 Alissa Everett
 Arthur Elgort
Tierney Gearon

No comments:

Post a Comment