Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The relevance of appropriation.

I can recall various instances in which I’ve deemed my creativity stagnate. I’ve tried so hard to avoid searching for inspiration through traditional and contemporary artists but as time has progressed, the pride bubble I had barricaded myself in has burst. The ignorance of believing I drew photographic inspiration wholly within myself had been put on trial. Although it is fact that up until my time as a photo major I hadn’t formally analyzed/researched any other photographer’s work, I was still consciously and sub-consciously being influenced by artists through films, music album art, paintings and varied forms of media. I believe in progression as firmly as I believe in collective creativeness and I feel that when trying to develop yourself as a producer in any discipline, it is certainly appropriate to find guidance within those who have created before you.

No comments:

Post a Comment