Monday, September 17, 2012

more appropriation..


For this appropriation, I decided to based my photograph off Mitra Tabrizian's work. 
Tabrizian is a British-Iranian photographer and film director. I recently came across a mid career survey of hers called Beyond the Limits, and immediately got caught up in the way she combines techniques from documentary photography, report and advertising while using cinematic references to make the viewers aware of ideologies behind cultural identities. I focused on the blue and somewhat yellow tones often used in Tabrizian's work, to give a cooler, if not a slightly more dramatic look to my photograph. I tried to direct the light and guide the viewer's eye, suggest the presence of other protagonists, and add-on elements to emphasize the fictitious aspect of the work. 


Oh and PS: guess what peeps! Mitra Trabrizian does appropriations too!

No comments:

Post a Comment