Thursday, September 20, 2012

Concept

Currently, I am considering working on 2 different projects. My first is a series of photos based around my experiences with Max and his Mother at an Asian Antique store by the name of 3 swallows. I've felt inclined to frequent the store and it’s owner due to the rich yet humble visual atmosphere. Since I’ve started visiting, my relationship with both of them as well as the artifacts has become more personal thus allowing me to exemplify that in my photographs. The loose theme of dislocation is applied to my work being that I’m observing that cultural effects of canadian born Max living in Virginia with copious amounts of asian history surrounding him.
  The second project I am thinking of pursing is the concept of unemployment and perpetual workers. By placing myself in a workspace for anywhere between 2 hours and a full day I am going to try to get a feel for what it is like to begin to familiarize myself with a job and have to let it go. My challenge will lie in trying to find establishments that will let me service them for a day, in which I will not ask for any sort of compensation. The occupations that I will try to reach out to are all low-wage / manual labor businesses. I will be photographed in a 35mm snapshot fashion by another employee throughout my time working.


No comments:

Post a Comment