Tuesday, September 18, 2012

~~~^_^~~~Appropriations~~~^_^~~~

The image I decided to appropriate my photography with is another version of a similar photograph by Jean-Baptiste Mondino that I have appropriated off before. Ultimately, my desire was to appropriate nearly every element from Mondino's photograph into mine, while simultaneously inserting my concept. I feel that for the most part, I was able to fulfill that thanks to the insertion of curtains, the simplicity of the background, and a similar perspective. I wanted to stay consistent with my concept, and incorporate panty hose into this image as I did before. The most challenging aspect to appropriate from Mondino's photograph is the lighting. Without exact elements replicated into my image, grasping Mondino's gradient from red/orange to a sour yellow/greenish proved to be most difficult. While working off of Mondino's shots that incorporate this male model, I have become fascinated with the way the artist is capable of creating such a creepy and unsettling mood based off of his model's subtle actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment