Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Art inspired by Heartbreak


I sat up all night last night with one of my best friends after she found out that her boyfriend of 2 years had been cheating on her for the past year.  I've seen heartbreak before, but never like this.  She described the feeling to me as a knife that was shoved into her heart that had healed there causing her agonizing pain.  I absolutely hate seeing my my friends (or really anyone for that matter) hurt, especially to this extent, so this made me think about what kind of art has been driven by heartache and heartbreak.  

The Broken Heart by Maria Pizzuti, 1997

Love, Love Will Tear Us Apart Again by Victoria Lucas and Richard William Wheater, 2011

I found endless other examples on a website I stumbled upon as well: http://www.complex.com/style/2013/02/25-incredible-artworks-inspired-by-heartbreak/


1 comment:

  1. I always loved that piece by Tracey Emin (from the link you posted) "Oh Christ I just wanted you to fuck me/ and then I became greedy/ I wanted you to love me." So wonderfully dark.

    ReplyDelete