Monday, November 28, 2016

tips for organizing your photo book




The article covers these tips:

Tell A Story By Choosing A Theme
Curate Your Images Before Uploading Into The Editor
Select A Style That Suits Your Story
Display A Single Image Per Page
Personalize Your Title
Don't Worry About Putting Your Photos In Chronological Order
Tell Your Story Through Color, Tone And Texture

Even though these were made for weddings I think that the tips are broad enough that it could help with any book form!

Click here to view the tips

but after reading through them I also got to thinking how the book could grow from breaking a few of the rules. Displaying multiple images per page, not giving it a title, leaving blank space, letting the theme grow after placing the images. I have been spending a lot fo time thinking about the order fot he pages in my book and chronologic order, and I love how my book grew out of my focus on other things I wanted to work on vs. making it a cohesive "order". I think that the oder came naturally and placement on pages have been helping guide the eye from page to page. I can't wait to use these tips to edit my book, thought everyone else who's interested in artist books would like to read over these too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment