Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Georgia O'Keeffe nature paintings

Georgia O'Keeffe was an American painter and one of the first female painters to achieve worldwide acclaim from critics and the general public. Her work represents nature in a innovative impressionist way that challenges perceptions. There is a heavy focus on color, shapes, and how she turns them into a composition that successfully represents the natural subject matter while also appreciating its form and color. This reminds me very much of what I am trying to accomplish with my work. O'keeffe is creating beautiful works by simply appreciating forms in nature and representing them in a abstract way. In my last video it became clear to me that over complicating the transitions takes away from the forms and colors I am trying to appreciate. O'Keeffe simply represents these forms with no distractions or complications. 

No comments:

Post a Comment