Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Kingdom of Colours

FIRST OF ALLLLLLL this video is very satisfying so enjoy watching it! I've been trying to find ways to incorporate  sound in my videos by looking for inspiration in other experimental works where the compositions are based on shapes and color. This beautiful video demonstrates a way to not only present very painterly shots but also a way to use music to keep it dreamy but still have a faster pace. Watching this video I really enjoy its tempo. Its slow and trippy with intense fast paced moments - almost gives the feel of taking a journey into the colors. I dont know how I feel about the kens burns effects that Thomas Blanchard decided to add to it. I can see for the content it makes it look more professional maybe and more complete? I would be very curious to watch this video without ken burns... still willing to try it with my video to see what happens. KEEPING AN OPEN MIND and experimenting!

https://vimeo.com/190226045

1 comment:

  1. oooooohhh yes. Look at like binaural beats or asmr videos. those are dreamscape like and sort of put you into a trance.

    ReplyDelete