Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Polaroid Land Cameras


Natalie and I have recently been playing around with a polaroid land camera in the studio.  It's been a lot of fun to try and trouble shoot different issues that have arisen while we've been working.  For example, trying not to pull multiple sheets of film out of the camera after exposing a shot, resulting in ruining several pieces of film.  


My favorite part about this process is after you wait the 2 minutes and finally get to expose the shot, the opposite negative image that appears because of the leftover chemicals is so cool to see.  It ends up drying and disappearing, but while it lasts it leaves a very eerie image. In the one pictured below my face was completely gone and had no detail but the detail in my hair was very sharp.  It's a really fun process to play around with and I am interested in buying my own land camera so I can play around with it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment