Monday, November 28, 2016

Sanja Marusic

Ok, I normally wouldn't gravitate towards photographers with a tumbler aesthetic but i'm going to make an exception for this one. I was looking at GUP Magazine's blog and I stumbled upon this lovely woman names Sanja Marusic. There's not much information about her work flow or her concepts online but I do view her as a very inspirational woman. Just two years after undergrad she got signed to a photography agency and has her own gallery. GOALS! Her work, as a whole, is beautiful. I did find an interview with her online where she talked about not liking surrealist work even though most of her work has some form of surrealist element to it. I can relate to that with me not wanting to have feminist undertones in my work but somehow always making them. The heart wants what the heart wants I suppose. My favorite series I found by her is titled Moonscape Island. In this series she focuses more on the landscapes her models are interacting with than the models themselves. Its like the models are the props and the landscapes are the main subject. She creates this world that seems oddly seducing to the viewer. This could just be her color pallet or her use of lighting, I'm not entirely sure. However, I do know that I will be revisiting her work as inspiration for later projects.

http://www.sanjamarusic.nl










No comments:

Post a Comment