Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Ricky Lee Gordon

Ricky Lee Gordon's work is currently inspiring me with my current work when it comes to composition and presentation. Compositionally, he composes different works filled with very organic shapes/ subjects and set color then he connects it all together with blocky shapes. He also uses blankness to support his composition that contains certain organic shapes while still having them all (as different as they may be) flow together perfectly. His murals have me hooked the most because I am also very interested in projecting my pieces on different places that based on the location would alter/support the piece. I also really want to see my work with all its shapes and colors projected onto something huge! Looking through Ricky Lee's work I cant help but picture what they would look like as a moving image. Moving foward I plan to experiment more with projection, negative space/blank space, and still images supported by moving ones.

http://rickyleegordon.com/murals/






No comments:

Post a Comment