Saturday, August 23, 2014

Jessica Aicholtz: Response do Wallace's Speech

I particularly really enjoy this speech. I've heard it twice now and it hasn't gotten old. When I hear this speech it immediately makes me so much more conscious of the people around me, I can actually catch my self in my automatic mode. I think back and can pinpoint exactly a time and place where i just have been going around in automatic mode. I know we are all guilty of it. But this speech makes me want to be a better person for myself as well as for others around me. We live in a world where contact with other humans is impossible to avoid so why should we spend so much time worrying about the negative things others do? I think it is a waste of energy. Listening to this speech again I believe has really made the message stick with me, I find myself now making an actual effort to avoid being in automatic mode. I don't want to miss anything and so far it has greatly improved just my over all mood and outlook in my life even when foolish people do something dumb. It is easier for me to ry and understand what they're going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment