Friday, August 22, 2014

Lexi Wilson- Response to David Foster Wallace’s speech


As I hear this speech the second time, the message still rings so important and true. I am once again blown away by this concept he presents. I find myself all too easily staying on my “automatic mode” and not choosing how to think. It’s something that is so easy to get stuck in without even realizing you’re stuck. It takes such self-motivation to take control of your thoughts and choose to think differently, more open-mindedly. Even today, I found myself yelling curse words at the person who cut me off while driving. I didn’t think twice about it until after I was home and had become almost overwhelmed by stress and anger. Not choosing to think selflessly in that situation had caused me to grow deeper and deeper in my anger as I kept driving to the point of anxiety. Over something so silly. It makes me wonder how often I think this way.  It makes me wonder how different this world may be if we chose to not to.  

No comments:

Post a Comment