Sunday, August 24, 2014

Scott Csoke-Response to DFW

When I first heard this speech, I thought it was nice that someone was thinking about this and bringing it to people's attention. But in reality, it's not gonna change anyone's mind. I am a very patient person, so more often than not, I keep that mindset Wallace was talking about: being patient with others and being in control of your life and thoughts.

I used to really struggle with anxiety; worrying about every little thing during my day. I was consistently getting panic attacks during the day and I was becoming so frustrated with myself. After four years of living like that, I finally learned how to not take things too seriously and be comfortable with my surroundings. Ever since then i've been feeling much better about myself. I think in the US it's really hard to not take things seriously or too dramatically. In Europe and other countries, it's just a different lifestyle and I desperately wish that could happen here.

No comments:

Post a Comment