Tuesday, October 18, 2016

a helpful App for artists, or anyone with a to-do list at all.

I wanted to do a helpful blog to everyone this week to share a little organizational thought tracking/ list making app.


What is Trello? Trello is an online management system that allows you to keep track of basically... everything. I have had Trello for about a year now and the answer to my "how do you work full time and work full time" question. The best part of Trello is the list making system that allows for lists, in lists, in lists. IT'S AMAZING. You can also add files and photos. 

How is this relevant?
Shane talked about using his phone to jott down notes whenever he thinks of anything and this is the perfect application for just that. It can help turn your ideas into actions by using the "list in list" system that I was talking about. For example you can create a board called 'my work'
and under thought you could create a board called 'thoughts' with lists of your ideas. Under one of your ideas you can have a list of action steps... or ideas within the idea and action steps.

How it has helped me as an artist, how it could maybe help you too.
Once you start using language to explain your art it can create a starting point for your work. I know I struggle with just where to start sometimes and this can really help with that. Once I began jotting down my ideas on my phone not only for my personal life, but art and business.  I felt I could get more done in less time and actually think everything through. I call it a "brain dump" onto the list so you can keep track of your ideas and actually bring them to life. It also can help you utilize your time and bring in more action! While also keeping track of new ideas to come back to in the process.

I want to start a board for my finished art to create an archive to go back and look at to pull from in the future.

Here is a basic explanation of one sub-board.


I just want to start a new modern way to keep track of things, although pen and paper is always the best go-to. This is an option for people on the go or a place to store a lot of information so you dont have to go back through an entire journal even. Like I said, you can upload photos. I may start uploading more photos of things that inspire me as well.

PS they even have a mobile app.
PPS you can even have boards with groups of people. WIN.

just try it, and actually use it for a few weeks and your life with be changed!! 
https://trello.com/

1 comment:

  1. This app is amazing, I'm going to download it immediately. I'm horrible at time management straight up and just organization in general. but the most impressive thing about the app from how you described is that it gives you suggestions on where to start on a project idea. Of course that kind of means you need to have a relatively clear concept and you must be able to describe said idea in a concise way. but for me just finding a place to start on a project can be extremely difficult so that sounds like it could be very helpful especially when I really start having confidence and knowledge in the concepts I'm interested in.

    ReplyDelete