Monday, October 24, 2016

Valley Uprising

This is a documentary that I am very obsessed with directed by Peter Mortimer and Nick Rosen. Besides the excitement I have for the sport itself, the construction of this documentary makes me absolutely love this film! The combination of the old found footage/pictures, animations, and new footage blends together so well. Also the shots they get of the intense climbing is almost as impressive as the climbing being done! This film also shows me how worth it it is to capture and collect as much footage as you can and to then take the time to piece it all together. I tend to get intimidated when I have endless hours of content to edit together. as Shane always says (screams) JUST DO IT. After watching this I am inspired in many different ways. 1) I want to go climbing el capitan at yosemite 2) dig into hours of footage I have of various different adventures and make something of it 3) somehow incorporate animations and older found footage with new footage.

1 comment:

  1. Just based on the shots you have I'm really intrigued and want to see this documentary. What exactly is being documented in this film, where is this valley exactly?

    ReplyDelete