Thursday, October 6, 2016

Marco Vernaschi

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/adriana-teresa-letorney/in-conversation-with-marc_b_7326768.html

Image result for marco vernaschi
Above I included an interview with artist Marco Vernaschi and an image of his titled Bitter Harvest. I think the subject matter he choses to photograph is really powerful and thought provoking. Especially in the way he is photographing his subject. As you can see above he shoots in a very stylized way and uses a lot of contrast in the color and light. This image, including many other he's made some being of war type scenes in African countries, depict and show otherwise gruesome or depressing scenes but in an almost fashion photography way. His images make me think of scenes that could be seen in a movie, especially because of the quality of light. This makes his work even more moving and eerie in my opinion because they look like something that could only be seen yet these a real life situations and scenes that exist in reality that he is photographing. In this next Concepts project I hope to emmulate the way Vernaschi lights his scenes and mostly the ideas and lifestyles that he depicts in his work. I want to show people, places and things that represent certain cultures and ideas. I also want to show the relationships between different people and ideas through the way I display them.

No comments:

Post a Comment