Monday, October 3, 2016

Follow an 8-year-old around all day






Tibyan Sanoh is a photographer from Manchester, England. In this series, titled Kids Of the Estate, she photographs a young boy named Daniel. This series is particularly interesting to me because it features a child. Personally, I am very intimidated by children--especially trying to photograph a stranger's child. Despite my anxieties about this, I feel there's a lot to learn from children. Perhaps more than adults sometimes. I think that even with shy children, they can reveal a lot about themselves that an adult may have trouble with. 
I think this series strikes me, being that I used to take preschool portraits for a part-time job. I took well over a thousand photos of different children, but I never really got to know any of them. Our time was bracketed around 3-5 minutes per child. I am a little envious of Sanoh. It really seems like she got to know Daniel during this day that she spent with him. I think it's interesting to observe how a child acts around a camera compared to how an adult reacts.

No comments:

Post a Comment