Monday, October 3, 2016

Marlene Freimanis

Since I've been itching to "go back to my roots" lately as far as including blood/organs/limbs/monsters/fearsandanxietieswhathaveyou, I guess I should probably mention the artist who literally inspired me to take drawing/painting/art overall seriously.

Marlene Freimanis  is an artist who focuses on drawing and painting, who is known for her gory portraits, as well as her insanely colorful rainbow works, which can sometimes be considered "fan art." I remembered a friend of mine showed me her work on DeviantArt (yeah I was way into DeviantArt at the time) and I IMMEDIATELY fell in love with her work. I dunno what it was, but something about monsters really resonated with me, and felt right. On the other hand, her more colorful, rainbow works inspired me to try more "cartoony" things with my work. So yeah, here's the person responsible for my love for horror in art.







No comments:

Post a Comment