Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Aaron Huey

Aaron Huey is another Nat Geo artist who captures unique situations around the world (as most nat geo photojournalist tend to do). I am sharing this because he had a few "light paintings" in one of his collections called "Shelter (in progress)" During my own critique it was recommended that I use the light paintings I had created as "fill in" painting instead of its own piece, which I really enjoyed. In Aaron's "Shelter" we see subjects who clearly do not live a high class life style. We can assume that each figure correlates to the worn down shelters. In-between some of these shots Aaron inputs light paintings. I find them beautiful but cant exactly explain why I enjoy them being apart of his collection. We can assume that the shapes are being created by one of the "homeless" subjects holding fire. They definitely add a  more "arty" look to the overall collection though. Let me know what you think on whether or not they add or do nothing to the piece because I cant decide or even picture my paintings with others right now.


to see full collection go here http://www.aaronhuey.com/shelter-in-progress/SHELTER_037/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment