Wednesday, October 12, 2016

EBAY research- selling photos

for those of you who know, I am diving into my color slide archive that I purchased a few weeks ago.

The original link to my hunt of color slide film: http://www.ebay.com/bhp/art-slides

Where you can by lots of color slide film: http://www.ebay.com/bhp/color-slides-lot

These slides are filled with A LOT of people and objects, and moments in time. Although I have only been able to get through about half of them I currently have 200 scanned into the computer and I beginning to organize the imaged. While going through the most recent collection of photos, I began to discover that I gravitated towards creating these strange narratives that are shaped by me, as a viewer. Almost acting strictly as as a curator and not telling the audience the entire story. I am interested mainly in family and also children in these photos that I am going through and archiving. 

Why children? I always imaging that children lives are ever fleeting and those photos would be seen as most "valuable" to the children that are now adults and to their parents who were more than likely behind the camera itself.

Just bid $40 on these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-AMATEUR-FAMILY-KIDS-RED-BORDER-SLIDES-LOT-OF-7-FULL-AIREQUIPT-TRAYS-/131962173723?&autorefresh=true


I also found an artist who is using online galleries by taking google street view  which I found related back to my work by culling through a large archive and telling a partial story. I'm specifically thinking of his intimate shots that were taken with out a moment of pure unawareness. I'm wondering gif back when these color slide film's were taken if they had a different connotation towards the camera, considering the photos most likely weren't seen by a large mass of people. 

http://artfcity.com/2009/08/12/img-mgmt-the-nine-eyes-of-google-street-view/

The photo I am specifically considering is 58 Lungomare 9 Maggio, Bari, Puglia, Italy that features a woman standing naked taking on the view of the ocean. We are led into an intimate moment of modern day, where people change the instant a camera comes out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment