Monday, October 24, 2016

Robin Cracknell’s Automatic Topographic Family












     Shane recently sent an email to me and Natalie with an article about this artist called Robin Cracknell. This work struck me as very interesting, or rather, I was interested. I'm not really sure why but I'm very drawn to different kinds of handwriting. I want to read the little tiny script that is meant to be barely seen. I want to know what those tiny details and drawings represent. I can relate this a lot to my own work, as well as my own personal growth studies. In journaling, there's something about the secrecy of the writings in them that make them so interesting and unique. I think that it would be an interesting experiment to combine elements of my journals with how I interact with other people and photographs. This may be able to make my work more relatable.

No comments:

Post a Comment